- Remove the cable housings using a pair of pliers. The housings will swivel off the base and slide down the cable.
- Thread the cable wire through the housing.
- Slide the cable through the housing and then into the handle unit to attach it to the throttle handle.
- Test the tension by replacing the throttle.
how do I adjust the throttle cable on my lawn mower?
How to Adjust Throttle Cables on a Honda Lawn Mower
- Turn the lawn mower off.
- Slide the throttle lever into the “choke” position.
- Locate the Phillips-head screw that holds the throttle lever to the engine bracket.
- Grasp the throttle cable and pull it toward the lawn mower handle until it is tight.
- Attach the spark plug wire back to the spark plug.
how do you tighten the cord on a self propelled lawn mower?
How to Adjust the Drive Cable on a Toro Self-Propel Mower
how do you fix a throttle control on a lawn mower?
With the throttle control lever in the “choke” position, pull on the outer jacket of the cable near the clamp until the choke plate opens. Tighten the clamp with the cable in this position. Reassemble the air cleaner. If your lawn mower’s throttle cable is hard to move or stuck, here’s a fix.
What does the throttle do on a lawn mower?
In the engine of your lawnmower, you need to have a way of controlling the speed of the engine, and that is what a throttle does. It is a component that is very small in size, yet handles the governor and regulates the functioning of all the engine parts when you are using the mower.
How do you adjust a throttle position sensor?
Loosen the throttle position sensor retaining screw with a Phillips-head screwdriver. Adjust the TPS by moving it back and forth until the voltage is between 4.0 and 5.5 volts. Hold the TPS in place and tighten the retaining screw with the Phillips-head screwdriver.
Is throttle cable and accelerator cable the same?
accelerator cable and throttle cable are the same thing or at least do the same function. the throttle cable connects the accelerator (gas petal) to the throttle body, when u press down on the accelerator it move the cable which opens the throttle plate in side the throttle body. allowing for more air in to the engine.
Can you tighten the throttle cable?
Turn the throttle cable adjustment screw clockwise to tighten or counterclockwise to loosen. You should notice the idle adjust as you turn the adjustment screw. Check the tension on the cable. There should be 1/4-inch play in the throttle cable.