- Measure the length and width of your truck bed on all four sides.
- Cut one piece of 3/4-inch plywood to dimensions which equal the dimensions of the truck bed.
- Measure 3/4 inch down from the top of the side edges of the truck bed and make a line with the pencil.
how do I make a tonneau cover for my truck?
Steps on how to make a Wood Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- Step 1: Structure the Frames.
- Step 2: Attach the Plywood.
- Step 3: Cover it with Black Paint!
- Step 4: Make use of the Vinyl Fabric.
- Step 5: Install your Wood Truck Bed Tonneau Cover.
How can I get better gas mileage in my Ram 1500?
How to Get Better Gas Mileage in a Dodge RAM Check your gas cap after each fill up at the pump. Make sure all the air pressure in the tires are equal. Switch to a free-flowing air filter. Buy a Flo-Master cat-back dual exhaust system. Take all items out of your Dodge RAM when you aren’t using them. Switch to E-3 spark plugs.
Does leaving tailgate down save gas?
If you’re unfamiliar with how drag works, it can make your truck, or any vehicle really, produce less gas mileage per gallon. For those who swear by driving with the tailgate down for better gas mileage, the common reason is that the air flows more efficiently thereby easing the amount of drag on a vehicle.
Do lift kits affect gas mileage?
As a general rule, putting a lift kit and bigger tires on a truck will decrease its gas mileage. There are, however, some ways to mitigate this. Tires and suspension components have an indirect effect on the gas mileage of a vehicle. Mud terrain tires are for hardcore off-road enthusiasts.
Do tonneau covers save gas Mythbusters?
If you’ve considered buying a tonneau cover for your truck then you’ve probably heard someone tell you that it will improve your gas mileage. They say that because tonneau covers streamline your truck’s bed, they reduce drag improve fuel economy. Too bad it’s a GROSS EXAGGERATION.
How do you paint a vinyl tonneau cover?
Spray a thick coat of primer over the tonneau cover and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. Once the primer is dry, apply three to five thin coats of paint. Hold the sprayer 6 to 8 inches from the surface and spray thin coats to prevent runs in the paint. Allow the paint to dry for 30 minutes.