“Fled” is the simple past tense as well as the past participle of “to flee” for every person and number. The present tense of “to flee” is “flees” (third person singular: he flees) or “flee” (everything else: I flee, you flee, we flee, they flee). A full paradigm is included later in this answer.
Explore more on it. Similarly one may ask, what is past tense for Flee?
Answer. The past tense of flee is fled. The third-person singular simple present indicative form of flee is flees. The present participle of flee is fleeing. The past participle of flee is fled.
Likewise, what is the verb of Flee? verb (used without object), fled, flee·ing. to run away, as from danger or pursuers; take flight. to move swiftly; fly; speed.
Regarding this, what is the irregular past tense of Flee?
irregular verb flee : Definition : To run away in order to find safety. Base Form : Flee. Past Simple : Fled. Past Participle : Fled.
What is the synonym of fled?
He slammed the bedroom door behind him and fled. Synonyms. run away. I ran away from home when I was sixteen. leave.
How do you use the word flee in a sentence?
- Darian didn’t flee, but suddenly, Jenn wanted to.
- If someone was able to track her, she needed to flee, fast.
- Take shelter under the cloud, while they flee to carts and sheds.
- In alarm he wishes to flee, considering himself lost.
- At that point, people flee the land looking for a better deal.
What does it mean to get flee?
Use flee in a sentence. verb. To flee is defined as to run away from someone or something to get away from something unpleasant. When you run away from a ghost, this is an example of a situation where you flee.
What is the future tense of Flee?
“Fled” is the simple past tense as well as the past participle of “to flee” for every person and number. The present tense of “to flee” is “flees” (third person singular: he flees) or “flee” (everything else: I flee, you flee, we flee, they flee).
What does the word foraging mean?
adjective. characterized by or dependent upon the acquisition of food by such means; food-gathering: a foraging people.
Is Fleed a word?
1. To run away, as from trouble or danger: fled from the house into the night. 2. To pass swiftly away; vanish: “of time fleeing beneath him” (William Faulkner).
What is the present tense of fled?
What is the noun of Flee?
fleeing. The act of one who flees. Synonyms: getaway, escape, break, flight, breakout, decampment, absconding, bolting, bunk, decamping, lam, rout, slip, abscondment, break-out, departure, disappearance, exit, flit, retreat, running away, bolt for freedom, vanishing act.
What is the second and third form of Flee?
The past tense of flee is fled. The third-person singular simple present indicative form of flee is flees. The present participle of flee is fleeing. The past participle of flee is fled.
What type of word is flew?
Flew is the past tense of fly.
What is the past tense of cost?
What is the meaning of forced to flee?
DEFINITIONS1. 1. to escape from a dangerous situation or place very quickly. Earthquake victims have been forced to flee their homes. Police caught up with one of the gang, but the other three fled.
How do you use cling in a sentence?
- Don’t cling to the first thing you see.
- She patted the statue, feeling the magic cling to her as she rose.
- It all happened so fast that she didn’t have time to think, only to cling to the one solid thing she could find – Cade.